Updated April 5
I have been curating a list of useful online resources as a parent, during this tough time. I will keep update it to help people alike.
The most important rule of this period, in my opinion, is to keep calm. This is NOT normal time, stay safe, and keep calm. As parents, we need to keep the lights on, make sure our kids are OK.
- How to Keep the Greater Good in Mind During the Coronavirus Outbreak by Greater Good Magazine.
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus by Child Mind Institute.
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource by National Association of School Psychologists.
- How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus by NYT.
- Manage Anxiety & Stress by CDC.
- 5 Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety About the Coronavirus by NYT.
- A lifeline to parents during Coronavirus by JFCS.
- Get some Headspace, A YouTube Channel. It’s also a meditation app.
Schools are closed, but learning can’t be shutdown.
- Scholastic. Starting Pre-K.
- Khan Academy for kids. Starting 2 year old.
- A Podcast on Debate for kids.
- The past and the curious podcast.
- The Crash Course. They also have a popular Youtube channel.
- Smithonian Learning Lab.
- But Why: A podcast for curious kids. By VPR or Podcast.
We can actually spare some time to have a taste of Arts we tend to usually overlook, or usually have to pay for.
- Berlin Philharmonie gives free access to everyone.
- MET Opera will live-stream a different encore presentation each day for free, available from 7:30EDT to 6:30 EDT next day.
- Filmmaker Gary Hustwit is streaming his documentaries free worldwide during the global COVID-19 crisis.
- London Symphony Orchestra is Alwaying Playing. Full concerts streamed online twice a week.
- Russia’s Bolshoi Theater has launched a streaming service with some of its most popular opera and ballet performances, also known as the “Golden Collection,” on its official YouTube channel.
- Philadelphia Orchestra’s special performance on March 12 in empty Verizon Hall.
- What to Watch, Read and Listen To During Your Coronavirus Self-Quarantine by NYT.
- Virtual Museum Tour.
- Explore.org has lots of webcams worldwide.
- Pandas at Wolong, Sichuan, China.
- Times Square, New York.
- Endless 4k Video of nature beauty.
- Exercise Tips To Help Kids, Teens and Families Stay Balanced at Home from KQED.
- Resources for families by Commonsense Media.
- A Guide of FREE Resources & Things to do.
How do I collect
I collect mostly passively: this is an information overloading period. I get them from school newsletter, teachers, friends, coworkers, cities, libraries, social media, etc.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License